Soft-Focus Spring Look

5:55 pm



Hello lovely people, it seems ages since I last posted, but I'm back to celebrate the first day of Spring with this Soft-Focus Dewy Spring look! 
The days are getting longer and warmer, and everything looks more colourful. I wanted to do a light finish look, for those days where you want light coverage with both protection and moisturisation, because even though it's not as cold, I still find my skin gets drier as it gets warmer.
If you're looking for full coverage with a bold finish, this probably isn't the look for you (hence soft-focus in the title) but, this will protect you from the sun and keep skin soft, with that 'looks make-up less but it's make-up look'.

So, I started by taking Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection Sun Lotion in SPF 30 on the back of my hand and mixing it with ESPA's Tinted Moisturiser in Almond. This tinted moisturiser is great because it contains Argan and Sunflower seed, which leaves skin feeling (and smelling) amazing, and the Hawaiian tropic sun lotion literally makes you feel like you're on holiday, which is great. The combination of SPF 30 in the Sun Lotion and SPF 15 of the tinted moisturiser leaves skin protected and soft and acts as a great base with a hint of colour.
(If you don't have tinted moisturiser, BB Cream works just as well, or if you're looking for more colour that builds, adding gradual tan works great, especially if you're on holiday. I recommend Garnier or Dove.)


BARE MINERALS READY SPF 20 FOUNDATION & REAL TECHNIQUES BUFFING BRUSH

I then took my holy grail powder, my Bare Minerals foundation pressed powder in shade R170, to give some coverage and colour. This powder is so great because it is so good at covering blemishes and evening skin tone, but because of the mineral formula, it is kind to skin, non-drying and won't irritate sensitive skin types.


BARE MINERALS LUMINIZER DUO (THE LOVE AFFAIR & THE SHINING MOMENT) & REAL TECHNIQUES POINTED FOUNDATION BRUSH.


I wanted this look to have a dewy soft-focus finish whilst not being heavy, so I aimed to keep liquid makeup to a minimum, so, for highlighter I reached to one of my new loves: the Bare Minerals Luminizer Duo in shades The Love Affair, a dusty rose pink with a subtle finish, and The Shining Moment, a gorgeous shimmering gold with a real luxe finish. What I love about these highlighters is that they maintain their shimmer whilst also being slightly matte. What I mean by this is that they don't make you look shiny, but highlighted to silky perfection.
For this look I took my Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush, which, in my opinion, is too small to apply liquid foundation but perfect for powder highlight or powder concealer, and applied the pink hued Love Affair in a sweeping motion over the high points on my cheek bones (and slightly below to give my light bronzer a softer finish), the bridge of my nose, cupids bow and underneath my eyebrows.
This gives a really gorgeous fresh faced finish, without being glittery, which I think is ideal for Spring!



BENEFIT'S HOOLA BRONZER & REAL TECHNIQUES BOLD METALS TAPERED BRUSH

As this was a light look, I didn't want to have too much bronzer, but I put a very very light sweep just in the hollows of my cheeks to add a bit more dimension and colour. I adore Hoola, because the brown/deep terracotta shade adds a lovely light tan hue, perfect as the days get warmer.


MAC EXTRA DIMENSION EYE SHADOW IN SHADE SWEET HEAT

If you're an avid follower of Oh So Maddie, you will have seen this gorgeous eye colour pop up a couple of times, for my review, click here.
For this look, I wanted to keep things simple, so using my ring finger I applied a very small amount in the very centre of my eyelids to add a subtle highlight. The soft rose gold pink colour of Sweet Heat works really well with the spring theme of this look.


MAC HONEYLOVE & BARE MINERALS POP OF PASSION 

To finish this look, a heavy lip isn't necessary, but if you want a bolder finish, I recommend Mac's Honeylove to maintain the soft finish of this look whilst also adding more colour, however, I'd go for the Bare Minerals Pop of Passion in Nude Passion (review here) for a softer, more nourishing finish. The formula is great and works perfect for this moisturising and subtle makeup look.






There you have it! I hope you liked this look, I really wanted to do a soft, lightly dewy and moisturised look, whilst providing protection from the suns rays, for those days when you want to look 'makeup-less whilst still wearing makeup'.

Let me know what you think about this look and what you want to see next on Oh So Maddie.

Love,










You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Your photos are always so beautiful!!
    Emma | www.unf4bul0us.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For spring and summer I prefer soft and light makeup, so my skin can breath. Having dewy finish and some soft pinks on cheeks and lips is the way I like my makeup.

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am exactly the same Ela, dewy, soft and pink are all perfect for this time of year!
      Maddie xxx

      Delete
  3. your photos are just lovely!!!

    www.peachplz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I just had a peek at your blog too and I love it!
      Love, Maddie.

      Delete
  4. aww hun, love your blog! I love writing too, bloggers are my fave people haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! They're a fab bunch aren't they!? Thank you for stopping by! Love, Maddie. x

      Delete

Popular Posts

Never miss a post!